Scott F. Bobbitt, DMD, MAGD, DICOI
Dr. Bobbitt has loved dentistry since he was in kindergarten when he made a lifelong commitment to become the best dentist he could be. His passion for the field comes from the gratification of helping a patient in any way possible and making a difference in their life.
Dr. Bobbitt is greatly humbled by the opportunity to treat patients using his skills, judgment, and experience. He has been awarded multiple honors from his colleagues, including NH Magazine’s Top Dentist award and the Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award from the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD). Only around 400 dentists have ever received this award and Dr. Bobbitt stands proudly among them.
Training and Continuing Education
Dr. Bobbitt graduated from the University of Connecticut with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry as an Honors Scholar, Magna cum Laude. He also graduated near the top of his class at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, where he earned his Doctorate of Dental Medicine.
Though his educational background was excellent, Dr. Bobbitt yearned for more real-life experience before committing to patient care. To gain the skills needed to provide for a variety of dental patients, he joined the U.S. Air Force for hands-on experience in a General Practice Residency with in-depth study of all 10 disciplines of comprehensive dentistry.
After completing his training, Dr. Bobbitt was stationed for three years at RAF Bentwaters, the United Kingdom at a base where he and his colleagues had to provide 100 percent of the dental care necessary for every patient. This gave him a great base of knowledge and experience to open a general practice that could attend to every need of his patients.
To this day, Dr. Bobbitt continues to expand his repertoire of services by taking up to 150 hours of educational courses every year.
Dr. Bobbitt is recognized by several professional dental associations for his services, including:
- Mastership and Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Diplomate and Fellowship of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Past President of the New England Masters Track Program (NEMTP)
- Past President and active member of the Greater Nashua Dental Society
- Active committee member and chair in the New Hampshire Dental Society
- Member of the American Dental Association, the International College of Oral, and the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
Giving Back to the Nashua New Hampshire Community
Dr. Bobbitt is as dedicated to his community as he is to his dental practice. He’s been an active member of several community organizations, such as:
- Academy for Science and Design Public Charter School (2014-Present)
- Established and built the Dr. Bobbitt Chemistry Laboratory
- Donated to support and build the Computer Lab
- Donated to support and build the Center for STEM Invention
- Serves as a regular presenter at Da Vinci/SPARK Day
- Serves annually as a guest panelist at the Senior Project Review panels.
- Boy Scouts of America, Pack 19, Treasurer and Pinewood Derby Manager, Nashua, NH (2007-2010)
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 773, Assistant Scoutmaster, Nashua, NH (2010-2020)
- Scouts BSA Order of the Arrow,
- Associate Chapter Advisor-Arrowhead Chapter (2010-2019)
- Ordeal and Brotherhood Member (1978- present), Nashua, NH
- Donated Dental Services–provider (2009-Present)
- Northeast Delta Dental: Emerging Technologies Advisory Committee Member (2011-2016)
- Bellwether Community Credit Union, Supervisory Committee (2009-2016)
Dr. Bobbitt enjoys being an active member of his community because it allows him to give back to those around him. He loves living in Nashua and helping to make it a better place for everyone.