Dr. Bobbitt Can Rebuild Your Smile
Here at Scott F. Bobbitt, DMD, we believe that all of our patients in the Greater Nashua area deserve the best possible patient-centered care. That’s why Dr. Bobbitt uses custom-designed dental implants to restore any number of missing or damaged teeth and offers a stable and fixed solution to removable partial or complete dentures.
With restorative implant dentistry, our Nashua team can help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile that you can enjoy for years to come. Explore our patient-friendly guide to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent, natural-looking solution to replace a missing tooth from root to crown. They’re placed directly in your jaw for unmatched stability and strength, providing you with the beauty and function of a natural tooth.
Our custom-designed implant restorations provide excellent support and comfort, so you can indulge all of your favorite foods with ease. Best of all, dental implants can last up to a lifetime with proper care, but every so often, the restoration may need to be replaced due to normal wear.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several benefits other tooth replacements can’t match, such as:
- Easy to maintain
- Secured to your jaw
- Prevents jawbone deterioration
- Improves ability to chew with ease
- Natural appearance and function
- Resistant to decay
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
Restore Any Number of Missing Teeth
Dr. Bobbitt was awarded Fellowship status in the prestigious International College of Oral Implantologists in 2011 and earned the status of Diplomate with his continued studies in 2015.
He has completed considerable training in implants and prosthetics and has respectable experience in the field of dental implants. No matter how many missing teeth you wish to restore, our Nashua dentist can customize a tooth restoration that’ll enhance the health and beauty of your natural smile.
If you are missing a single tooth, a dental implant may be the best way to go – it will look, feel, and function just like your natural tooth and does not involve other teeth for support. Made of safe biocompatible titanium, dental implants directly integrate with your jawbone for a strong foundation. This process can provide a durable and long-lasting foundation for a beautiful tooth-colored porcelain crown.
In the case of several missing teeth, many of our patients benefit from fixed bridgework on dental implants. This means a fixed bridge is anchored to the implants, forming a bond you can trust. Dental implants provide you with a strong, secure solution that allows you to eat without restrictions, preserve your facial appearance, and even prevent bone loss.
For patients missing an entire arch of teeth, implant-supported dentures are a stable and effective way to restore your smile. Implant-supported dentures are directly anchored to the jaw, eliminating the need for uncomfortable adhesives. This incredible tooth-loss solution protects your jawbone and won’t slip out of place.
Implants can even support removable dentures to make them more comfortable, effective, and healthier to wear. A removable denture that is attached to implants transfers pressure of traditional dentures from the movable surface of the gums into the solid jaw bone underneath it. This prevents your dentures from slipping while you eat and speak, and preserves the bone directly beneath them.
The Implant Process
Dr. Bobbitt will always listen to your individual needs and help you determine your oral health goals so we can develop a customized treatment plan. He can restore your smile with dental implants over several appointments and a few simple steps:
- Initial Consultation — During this visit, Dr. Bobbitt will examine your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if dental implants are right for you. He’ll also discuss your treatment goals and answer any questions you may have about the implant process.
- Implant Placement — Once he determines you’re ready, Dr. Bobbitt will numb the area and surgically place your implant fixture directly in your jaw. We’ll use our advanced dental technology to approach your surgery with maximum precision and accuracy.
- Healing Period — After the surgery is complete, it’ll be left to heal for two to six months before the final restoration is attached. Through a process called osseointegration, your implant will begin to heal and fuse to the bone surrounding it.
- Final Restoration — When your mouth is fully healed, you’ll return to our Nashua practice to finish the last step of your treatment. Dr. Bobbitt will attach your beautiful, customized restoration to the implant fixture, and you’ll be ready to leave our office to show off your new smile.
Implant Care and Maintenance
Dental implants are a long-term investment in your smile, health, and well-being — so it’s best to protect your investment. Following your implant procedure, Dr. Bobbitt recommends that you brush, floss, and rinse your teeth as you normally would. We suggest using a soft-bristled toothbrush and gentle dental products so you don’t scratch your implants.
In addition to maintaining good oral hygiene, it’s important to schedule regular professional cleanings at our Nashua office so we can ensure your implants and smile are in the best of health. And if you have wear marks, the hallmark of a habit of grinding or clenching your teeth while sleeping, a customized “night guard” splint is the best way to protect your implant-supported restoration from damage.
Implant Supplemental Procedures
Many patients can have their implants placed right away, but some may require a supplemental procedure before treatment. During your consultation, Dr. Bobbitt will examine your oral health to make sure that you’re a proper candidate for dental implants.
Patients who suffer from tooth loss, gum disease, or have worn dentures for a long period of time, typically don’t have enough bone density to support an implant. In these cases, Dr. Bobbitt offers several bone grafting surgeries to prepare you for your dental implant procedure:
- Sinus lift — During this process, we’ll add a bone graft to the upper jaw where your molars are and in between your maxillary sinuses. This improves bone density and allows Dr. Bobbitt to successfully place your implant.
- Ridge augmentation — With this procedure, Dr. Bobbitt can lift your gums and fill in the affected area with a bone graft. The new graft is designed to rebuild the ridge and regenerate any lost bone and tissue for better stability.